News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Salt therapy for Lola?

Started by Angela, May 25, 2012, 08:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela

Gail, have you looked at Salt Therapy?  A friend with bad sinus has just had two sessions (intends to have another two), and said it cleared her congestion (read snot) dramatically.  They put you in a room with Himalayan  salt on the floor & blow very fine salt into the room which you breath in; it breaks down the mucus.  Worth a bit of research at least don't you think?

Hugs
Angela (AIHA & Addison's)
NSW Australia

gschellinger

I'll look into it. Thanks. Wonder how far I would need to go to find this service.
gail
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

Janspack

Gail,

I have used salt myself for sinus problems in the past.  You could dissolve ordinary sea salt in some water and use a dropper or syringe to administer it- if Lola will let you of course. :)
Jan & the Pack

YoYo Standard Poodle (12 yrs) Addison's Disease, Hypothyroid & GOLPP

gschellinger

She won't. She is even afraid to drink water because her tremors get her to dunking her nose in the water. She would think I was trying to drown her.
gail.
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

sneax

Quote from: Janspack on June 02, 2012, 03:45:15 PM
Gail,

I have used salt myself for sinus problems in the past.  You could dissolve ordinary sea salt in some water and use a dropper or syringe to administer it- if Lola will let you of course. :)

Few points:
- BOILED water - not directly tap water, since it's full o' germs
- lukewarm water - if it's too hot, it can cause harm
- appropriate amount of salt - i sed 2 tsp per 1 l but that was for me, not my dog.
nike, adidas, other kinds of sneakers - finest for great prices - available online, SneakerStudio

manu

Quote from: sneax on June 13, 2018, 04:11:00 AM
Quote from: Janspack on June 02, 2012, 03:45:15 PM
Gail,

Few points:
- BOILED water - not directly tap water, since it's full o' germs
- lukewarm water - if it's too hot, it can cause harm
- appropriate amount of salt - i sed 2 tsp per 1 l but that was for me, not my dog.

LOL i know what U mean, it's jala neti, Hindu way.

But is it safe for dogs, I mean for the reason of anatomical differences??