New member...6 yr old Saint Bernard diagnosed a year ago with IMPA + life since

Started by flmmkrz, May 12, 2017, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flmmkrz

I just wanted to take a moment to update this thread,  Darla passed this morning, at 7 years of age. Took my heart with her, it wasn't the impa that took her down in the end but I believe that the ravages it played on her body and the fight she kept up for 2 years eventually were too much. The prednisone broke down a lot of muscle in her hind quarters and while we thought we were making progress in strengthening them, she ran up against a spinal embolism the vets believe, which was just too much. I was out of town as it happened, she was rushed to emergency and she held on long enough for me to fly back, and get one last night back at home with her. I sat and cuddled with her and this morning I heard the couple last gasps ran across the room to her and rushed her to the vet but she was gone before we made it. Hardest day of my life and I'll never forget her or the help this forum gave me. Jo you helped me squeeze out another 2 years with my angel, I cannot thank you enough. My heart is heavy today but with all of you facing these awful autoimmune disorders.

Jo CIMDA

Hi

I am so sorry to read this very sad news. 

The heartbreak of losing your Darla is immeasurable.  You gave her two more years of life, and love, and being with her at the end would have meant everything to her.  She will always have a piece of your heart.

Thank you for letting us know.

Run free Darla!

Jo