Jazz update

Started by kaitythorpe, November 19, 2016, 06:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaitythorpe

This is the last update from Jacqueline .                 Was18 post trans now 16 . The transfusion was after she phoned @ 1am . They are concerned that they can't get bleeding to stop . They had reduced steroids and stopped one of the doses of myco*phenalate. She said concern is that like yest she stabilises then drops re bleeding , could be fine for a day then deteriorate again . I think we have come to conclusion that if she continues to bleed and they can't stop it we will go through and be with her , then bring her home . She should have some dignity as she was a wee beauty and a gift sent to us for a reason . I knew when I was driving through on Thurs that this was it , as I said , we passed through the village she was born in and the Dick is a few miles from the people who had her till she was 2. It's funny how things turn out! She was well looked after but merely a pet to them, but to us she's been a much loved , sister, daughter and grand daughter and my most faithful , loving companion . It's such an empty house and a deep void . The pain is awful but what has she borne and so bravely?  . I truly wouldn't wish this on anyone, it's too cruel . They wouldn't let us see her and that's so painful as we haven't seen her since Thurs and she'll be frantic . My neighbour called and said how beautiful she was and such a lovely personality . She said her daughter got a fright when she saw her , the transformation in her in a few weeks re weight loss and sunken skull . Why oh why did this not set alarm bells ringing at vets if a 17 year old could identify it? She actually said " Jackie, she was upset and quite frightened when she saw her ..." Thank you so much for everything, I never thought this would be outcome at the end of Sept , her pcv was going up and stabilising in low 30s but now knowing what I do re meds it's no wonder what's transpired ! My sweet, golden Angel . Thank you re Cimda too , you can let them know if you like what's happened . I hope no other precious dog has to endure what Jazz has to 😢. I'm sobbing in one room and my hubby in another . My poor parents are distraught too ! My sweet baby girl . Xx

kaitythorpe

This was closely followed by this the last update so far. . I know she is desperate and doesn't want Jazz to suffer, but is still hoping she can beat it.                  Here is the update x.                                   I'm fighting  sleep and too afraid to . My eyes are red raw with crying . Vet phoned ( one I can comprehend) said she is more settled, still blood at rectum but pcv stayed at 16 . She's more comfortable but had become very breathless and had further chest X-ray - found start of pneumonia 😢😥. What next ? Started her on antibiotics . I've asked if we can see her , said they don't usually at weekend but if she remains stable they may permit it for 5mins tomorrow. However, she was stable yesterday and look what happened ? Pray  she remains stable and we get to see her . She said the steroids were cause of her bleed !!!! The pain is incredible. My poor parents are distraught and this will unsettle my dad , he has Alzheimer's and they are the best of pals . She adores her papa and this will really effect him as she went there when I was at work. I feel someone has cursed us. I lost my first Cocker , Cora in November 1993 but she was 13 , Jazz is too young . I'm so proud of her , the way she has bravely endured everything and for what seems may have been prevented .

You can post anything you need on Cimda etc . Xx

Jo CIMDA

Please let Jacqueline know that we are thinking of her and routing for Jazz.  Don't give up yet.  If there is the slightest bit of hope then hang on in there. The vets at the school won't prolong things, but also they will not call it a day unless they are absolutely sure they have done all they can.

We do understand because so many of us have experienced similar.

Thinking about you and your family, and of course Jazz.

Jo

kaitythorpe

I have spoken to Jacqueline today and she is immensely grateful for all of your help and kind words. Jazz fought with everything she had, but unfortunately passed away this morning at 11.40am in the arms of her Mum and Dad. She is now free from pain and suffering no more. ❤️

Jo CIMDA

Hi

I am so sorry to hear this bad news. 

It is so tough when we try so hard to save them and they are taken from us. 

As you say, Jazz is free of pain and suffering but it will take a while for Jacqueline and her family to overcome their grief.

One day they will remember the good times.

Run free Jazz

Jo