News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

stella pred reduction

Started by shawkyelisabeth, May 21, 2012, 02:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawkyelisabeth

a happy new year to evryone at cimda!
good to hear from you again shannon..hugs to cooper..and a healthy year to him and a lot of fun with the horses and apples for breakfast..cecil gives us a lot of joy and reminds me of stella inmany ways..it is obvious that stella had a health issue fromthe very beginning and she was nevwr able to run about as much as cecil does.she is a bundle of energy..always up to something but already obeying very well ..she is also very protective already staying at doorsteps to check who would be allowed in..
dear gail, my thoughts are with you at this tough time wishing you andyour dear ones all the strength it takes..lola wants tobto be there for you, too, to help you cope in her special way and she feels that you need her. give hera big hug fromme and a tender bite in her ear from little cecil, i really love this dog of yours fromall her long history and your incredible devotion to her...you are as always a great inspiration..love
elisabeth

Jo CIMDA

Hi Elisabeth

It is lovely to read that your little Cecil has already established her position in your household.  She sounds very confident and happy.  she's a lucky girl.

Happy New Year to you all.

Jo

shawkyelisabeth

hi jo.just wanted to send you some greetings after i had not been able to access the cimda site for some time
most probably it is the egyptian internet to blame.
things are going wel, cecil is growing by the day helping us cope with  the loss of stella who is still greatly missed. she has made at least one egyptian vet look deeper into  immune diseases and that will hopefully raise awareness and better diagnosis in the future.
elisabeth

shawkyelisabeth

hi gail.havent heard from you in some time.how is lola.i hope things arr going smoothly .thinking of you..elisabeth
i also want to send some greetings to angela in oz and shannon.havent heard from you in a while.i hope everything is good with you
love elisabeth

Shannon

Hi Elisabeth,

Cecil sounds like an absolute joy and although she will never replace precious Stella, she will fill your heart and soul with memories of her own. Coop and I are plodding on, my routine has changed a lot now that I am on clinic rotations so I cherish the time I have with him and his mischievous antics very much.

Towards the end of last year I was working terribly long hours so my mum came to stay so the hairy monsters wouldn't be alone and he cooked up some new tricks. He worked out if my mum couldn't touch the house keys in the morning she couldn't let me out the gate, so every morning he could be found guarding the keys and I'd have to take them away from him so she could push the button on the remote! She's very tolerant of his rude ways, luckily, and loves him just as much as I do. He's a naughty, little monster but I do just love him soooooo much. He sends both you and Cecil many naughty wags :)

gschellinger

Hi Elisabeth...how is the new puppy doing? They sure have a way of keeping a person on their toes. As well as the entertainment factor :)

It is hard to look beyond the day we are in right now. Lola is OK. Her problems continue. I considered letting her go, since life has changed so much here and I am fairly exhausted from all of it. But I resisted and I'm so glad I did. I can still care for her while I care for my now dis-abled husband. He is still in rehab. Scheduled to come home yesterday, but he fell, so now scheduled for next Tuesday.

Life was (I now realize) pretty easy, in the past.

Thanks for thinking of us.
gail and Lola (The Lovely One)
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

shawkyelisabeth

I have to get back to Stellas site and posts from time to time so as not to want to let go of this..I use it to send greetings and good vibes to everyone at CIMDA, hope everyone is doing pretty well. Things in Egypt are not too good we ve actually lost hope for a democratic development of the country any time soon, too many young people fighting for their and all our freedom are being killed or arrested and tortured every day and the world does not even look on because they are not informed enough...
Elisabeth

shawkyelisabeth

Cecil is doing very well becoming very naughty at age  4 and a half months , most probably becoming a teenager and forgetting what she has already learned.. She is a bundle of energy, eager to learn new  things at any  time and I wonder if I can keep up pace with her when she will be a fully grown GSD, so I do my best to teach her discipline and she understands, but decides to test me out and challenge me from time to time, she is wonderful! She is filling our lives with joy and sends happy naughty wags to everyone at CIMDA!

Jo CIMDA

It is so lovely to hear from you Elisabeth and the antics of young Cecil.  Thank you for the encouragement you give to others.  Every time there is news of the unrest in Eygpt I think of you and worry for you all.  It is a very difficult situation, so please do keep in touch and let us know how you and Cecil are doing.

Love

Jo
x

shawkyelisabeth

Yes Jo, I will..CIMDA has really become part of my daily routine, if it just wasn' t for internet connection problems that appear every now and then.
Hugs Elisabeth

gschellinger

Cecil sounds like she is keeping you well occupied. I love that age. They are learning so much, are so awkward, yet beginning to show what the adult dog will be like.
Thanks for keeping us updated on her. Puppies are so much fun and so much work ;)

xoxoooxoooo
gail
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

shawkyelisabeth

Unfortunately I ve had some episode with Cecil..Three days in  a row I found her regurgitating her dry food..a quick trip tothe vet and an xray with contrast revealed she has a mild form of megaoesophagus..the vet says it could easily disappear, it occurs often in very young dogs and prescribed Zantac and something to increase movement of the oesophagus ( i will get the name).i changed the dry food and she is very well again, eating normally, no regurgitation. Of course again I did my reading getting over frightening things again related to autoimmune diseases..has anybody of you heard that this could really get away completely? Elisabeth

Jo CIMDA

Hi Elisabeth.

I trust your vet is using megaoesophagus as a term rather than a diagnosis. Cecil may just have gastric reflux rather than MegaO. Meanwhile you might be better to soak her kibble to make it soft and if you think she is having difficulty in swallowing it then you can feed her with her front paws on a step to straighten her oesophagus.  I wonder if the other drug is omeprazole?

I'm so pleased you have seen improvement already.

Jo

Angela

Hi Elisabeth,

Hopefully, as Jo said, your vet has used the term MegaO incorrectly but here is some information anyway.  I know how CIMDA members love a light read  ;)  I do hope Cecil is doing well now

http://petprojectblog.com/archives/dogs/megaesophagus-and-the-bailey-chair/

Hugs from Oz
Angela (AIHA & Addison's)
NSW Australia

gschellinger

Sending my thoughts your way that Cecil is only having a growing up bleep in her development.
Hugs to you both.
gail.