News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

stella pred reduction

Started by shawkyelisabeth, May 21, 2012, 02:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gschellinger

Jo,
Yes, she rules the roost, still!  We used to describe her as a dog and a half. She has graduated, she is approximatly three dogs now. So now I have four dogs although in visual reality I have only two.
g.
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

shawkyelisabeth

hi angela, i just remembered the little poem you sent me..i miss your good vibes from oz over the net..i am doing a   bit beter..hugs over the oceans
.elisabeth

shawkyelisabeth

hi gail.how is lola today.since i do not have to take care of a sick dog anymore i feel kind of not challenged enough..so let me share with lola..i wish you and her a good day...eli sabeth

gschellinger

It is 8 AM here and Lola is still in bed. Sometimes it's just hard for her to get up and get going.  She has been pretty good the last few days. Congestion has moved from terrible in her sinus, to her throat again. It cycles like that. She still has sinus congestion but the mucus gets to be much less and then she coughs a lot more and hacks up stuff. I can't figure it out. But the cycling of this is becoming more frequent. She may have 2 weeks of lots of mucus and then about a week of lots of coughing. Then the mucus gets worse again and the coughing goes away.

I tried contacting the University vet school where I took her a few times but since she hasn't been there for a while they won't talk to me unless I bring her back. It's too much for her now. Ataxia makes it hard to really do anything anyway.

I know when Lola is no longer with me I will be just like you, sort of lost without her.
Thanks for your help!
gail

gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

Jo CIMDA

Hi Gail

That update is not too bad for Lola given that you know  the best you can hope for is a management of her problems.  I understand why you don't take her back to the University. The effort can be too much for them.

Jo

gschellinger

Jo,
Yes. She is happy and she is eating, and still active. Once I gave up thinking it was a decision I needed to make for her, life is better here. She is what she is. She is so darn cute yet too, which helps  ;) I know there is no fix, so we don't go to the vet looking for one anymore. Still I wish I knew why the congestion cycles from her nose to her throat. Today she hacked up a huge gob of gunk and it hit the wall. We find it in strange places, often on our pantlegs, from sneezing and coughing, since we have her on leash so much, even in the house.
g.

shawkyelisabeth

Hi gail, give lola a big hug from me...have a good day...elisabeth

shawkyelisabeth

Dear cimda friends, missing stella and tried to put sadness in a compartment as jo said....
My daughter found me a new german shepherd puppy from a known austrian breeder, it was coincidental that i travelled to austria at the time when she was exactly 8 weeks and could be separated from her mother and siblings. She is a sweet little lady, healthy, full of energy and i brought her to egypt two days ago. Stella helped me understand dogs better and i will bring cecil (thats her name) up in stellas spirit and i will see her always as what stella could have been if she had had the chance to live a healthy life. Stella will not be replaced, she is in our hearts and she has taught us everything about dogs. Now life will go on with little cecil...hopefully she will not fall sick but still i will keep you updated on her news on the general doggy chat page...where anything goes, isnt it. Pls keep in touch, i do not only miss stella i miss all of you cimda people. Hugs to everybody and good vibes to all our hairy friends...elisabeth and cecil

Jo CIMDA

Oh Elisabeth, that is such lovely news and Cecil will bring you much joy and this will help you to remember all the fond memories of Stella.

Please keep us informed of her progress.  She's a lucky girl.

Love and best wishes

Jo

Amshura

Elisabeth I am so pleased to read that you have  taken a new friend into your life.
NOTHING can ever replace our lost furry friends but i do believe they guide us and there is always another furry friend awaiting out there, the RIGHT dog comes along at the RIGHT time. This certainly proved so for me  after i lost my Tessa(lymphoma) in 2009 , although we were far more fortunate than many in so much that  we had  good long years together.Each dog teaches us so much.
My thoughts are with you at this special time.
Sylvia & the Affis UK.

shawkyelisabeth

Thank you for your good wishes,...i do have to say that i was hesitating getting a puppy aand considering seriously getting a rescue dog..unfortunately this is not possible in egypt, since there are no rescues here and i went as far as spain but it wOuld not have been possible to ship the dog to egypt. So i decided to start all over again with little cecil.. I would have loved to help  a dog, even a sick one, with the experience i have now.
Greetings from elisabeth and cecil

shawkyelisabeth

Hi all of you, I keep reading your posts ! Jo and Penel..Angela , sending you good vibes to Oz, havent heard from you in a long time, ...Gail, how is lola doing, hope she is coping well ..shannon, how is cooper.no news is always good news..sylvia...and eveybody out there...cecil is doing fine brightening our days at 11 weeks of age...going to have her second shot of vaccination..again with the turmoil here in Egypt, the trip to the vet will be difficult and i have to find a time loop hole when there are no demonstrations and traffic jams, shei is not too fond of travelling in a car yet but getting used to it. I am getting back tonthe files on vacination and will discuss the necessity to vaccinate every year with the vet after the basic shots.
Hugs to everybody
Elisabeth with Cecil and her late soulmate Stella

Jo CIMDA

Thank you Elisabeth.  Yes I would like to know how the others are getting on.  I have been aware of the unrest in Egypt.  It is reported on our news programes.  Thinking of you and hoping it will all settle down very soon.  It must be very worrying for you all. 

It is lovely to have reports of how your little Cecil is getting on.  It will be a good job when all her vaccinations are over and you can enjoy going out with her more - political situation permitting.

Jo

Shannon

Hi Elisabeth, thanks for thinking of us. sorry I've been so quiet, Have been having a bit of a rough time as my clinic rotations have started. 

Coop is doing well thanks, had a couple of little hiccups but I wonder if they're not related to the heat. I'm so glad you have your little Cecil, I'm sure she brings you much joy and laughter.

Been thinking of you with the rumblings in Egypt. Please keep safe. Coop sends wags to Cecil :)

gschellinger

Hello Elisabeth, and congratulations on your new baby Cecil! The world is a strange place. So different here where we put so many dogs to sleep because there are not enough people to adopt them from shelters. So sad. You will have a long happy life with your new puppy!

On Christmas day Lola took a bad turn for the worse. She would not get up. I had to carry her out of her bed. She didn't want to do anything and kept to her bed all day. Walking was almost impossible as her ataxia was suddenly much worse, affecting her right foreleg the most. She was not interested in her ball or in drinking water.I watched her closely and came to terms with taking her to the vet the next day. But the next day she decided she was better. She played three rounds of ball again and although her right foreleg is still more affected, she seems to be coping and compensating quite well again.

My husband has been in the hospital since Dec. 5th with spinal cord injury from a tumor, which wasn't discovered until a week later. So I am just now catching up on CIMDA. He can't walk. So things here are pretty hard right now. We don't know yet how much mobility he will get back. I'm glad I didn't have to say good-bye to Lola just yet. It would really be almost too much right now.

Praying for peace in Egypt and the rest of the world.
gail