News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Jan

Started by annee, May 18, 2012, 03:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annee

Hi Jan,

Just wondering how you and the pack are keeping since you got home ?

Is there any news for us ?

I hope you are well on the road to recovery.

Annee and Pru

xx

Janspack

Hi Annee

I'm doing pretty well now.  Still mostly reliant on the wheelchair and that may be permanent now but that's not so awful. Got a hospital appointment this afternoon - my first foray out since I got home!  LOL

I can't thank you enough for the visits you made to see me last month.  Just when I needed someone who understood, after the loss of my two oldies,  you were there.   (It was also lovely to see Sandy too - you came a long way & I appreciate it so much.)
Jan & the Pack

YoYo Standard Poodle (12 yrs) Addison's Disease, Hypothyroid & GOLPP

Jo CIMDA

Hi Jan

I hope you got on well at the hospital today.  It's good to see you back.
How's YoYo doing?
Jo

Janspack

Hi Annee,

The transport never came for me on 23rd!!  It's now been rebooked for mid June somewhen.  Did go to the renal clinic on 31st (transport remembered me this time)  Got on pretty well although the doctor was concerned that I still have a fast heart rate so I had to have Xray, ECG and bloods done before he would let me go back home.  Was there for HOURS.  :(  No real problems other than my kidney function isn't quite as good as when I was discharged and my liver is still showing some signs of stress but that has improved a little since last time it was tested.  They are going through my meds to see if anything could be causing the high enzymes.  I am on Pred so I bet that is the culprit.  :)

I'm only having a carer once a day now and that will be finishing next Monday - I'm not worried as I'm certain I can manage now without them.

I'm not very good at remembering to come on the Forum still - got to get into the habit of logging on so only just seen your message today.
Jan & the Pack

jancobley

A belated welcome home Jan.

I was in Brighton for a weekend but you were back home by then.

You have had an awful time---------------how do you keep your spirits up. You are an example to us all.

Much love

Jan and furry four in The Algarve. xxxx

Janspack

Just wanted to say that after my 5 days back in hospital last week (for IV fluids)  I'm feeling 100 times better than I have for months.  I'm driving my car again (8 months since I last did that) and have much more energy than I've had since the operations. Even went to the hairdresser yesterday.  LOL

I'll be seeing the GI surgeon on 1st August - hopefully to arrange reversal of the ileostomy that was necessitated by perforated intestines and peritonitis. I won't have it done until the autumn (has to be a year after it was first done) and I'm not looking forward to having more surgery as you can imagine. Still, I don't want to have two stomas for the rest of my life either.  I know the urostomy is permanent and can cope with that fine but the ileo is another thing. 

I've also decided to put in a formal complaint about the urologist who I (& quite a few other people) feel was to blame for the things that went wrong.  I'm going to ask my GP to refer me to another urologist possibly in London as I have absolutely no confidence in the one who did the operation now.

It's so great to feel so much better - keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay that way now.  Thanks for all the support (both on and off list) over the past months.  It was lovely to see Sandy & her friend when they came to see me in the hospital and Annee too came to see me twice.  She was amazing the weekend before last as despite the fact she was off on holiday that evening, she fed and cleaned out my cats.  Thanks Annee.
Jan & the Pack

Penel CIMDA moderator

Hi Jan,
it's great to hear you are feeling so much better.  Sorry to hear you need another op though, and I hope you get a different surgeon.
How lovely that Annee came over to help out with the cats  :) some people are very kind.
Penel x
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

Janspack

Hi all,

Just heard from the police that yesterday, they arrested the petsitter who stole my identity and cash and goods from my debit card (almost £3000 in total) while I was in hospital.  She's been bailed until mid August but the policeman thinks that she will be going to court!  That makes me feel a bit better.  What a silly girl. She has ruined her life now for a relatively small amount of money.
Jan & the Pack

Jo CIMDA

Hi Jan

I know it won't get your money back but at least you will have the satisfaction that she will not be doing nasty deeds to anyone else - and in the name of dogsitting - that just make it worse as she was in a position of trust. 

Jo

Jo CIMDA

Hi Jan

I have been wondering how you and your dogs are doing?  I hope you have improved and things are better for you.

Jo

Angela

Good luck Jan, I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers  :)
Angela (AIHA & Addison's)
NSW Australia