Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: PHOTOS  (Read 2280 times)

Catherine

• View Profile
PHOTOS
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:52:16 PM »

Penel, will we be having a separate photos section like we did on the old CIMDAsupport site or will photos just be added in with the messages?

I had no problems with looking at photos in the files if I wanted to but I would start to have a problem if photos are added in with the messages. This happens on some other sites and the photos most of the time are big. Every time I want to read a thread, or indeed just the last message added, not only do I have to wait for all the photos to download but each time they have to download that is adding to my download capacity in other words wasting it, after the first time I have seen the photos. I am only allowed 10GB a month by BT and a few times they have told me I am going near to my limit after that I have to pay more!

I thought I had better bring this to your notice before lots of photos are added.

Penel CIMDA moderator

• Administrator
  • Photographer and dog trainer living in Surrey.
    • View Profile
Re: PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »

Hi Sheila,
I expect people will add them into their posts.  Although to be honest, not many people tend to put photos on to CIMDA.
We can do it two different ways - they can be attached to a post (in which case you don't have to open the attachment if you don't wish to), or they can be embedded in a post.  They won't be very large though as we do have limits on how big they can be.
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA