News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rain

Started by Penel CIMDA moderator, May 10, 2012, 09:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penel CIMDA moderator

Just need to have a moan about the weather!  it's been raining here, feels like almost non stop, for about 5 weeks now.  I live on a huge area of heathland which is now very boggy - and with 6 dogs that's no joke.  Every walk means hosing them off, wet towels, drying off in the porch etc. 
this time last year I remember sitting in a chair in the garden reading a book in the hot sun.  It was so lovely, sighhhh!

I know a lot of you aren't in the UK so perhaps you're having better weather than us, I hope so - surely somewhere it must be sunny and dry!
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

Angela

Glorious weather here Penel, though getting much cooler at night with winter approaching.  Temperatures in the 20's through the day, dropping to around 14 degrees at night - very good for sleeping  :)

Angela (AIHA & Addison's)
NSW Australia
Angela (AIHA & Addison's)
NSW Australia

Lovemedogs

Soggy anbd boggy here in West Yorks. My poor chickens are wishing they were ducks.

Dogs - hmm, Tommy boy doesn't like getting his feet wet !! Fun watching him tip toe down the garden today. The girls, well they just go out as usual.

Pam

goldiepower

Quote from: Lovemedogs on May 10, 2012, 11:48:07 AM
Soggy and boggy here in West Yorks.
I can vouch for that! We are having the garden Billy-proofed (not easy, his middle name is Houdini....) and the poor guys fitting the wrought iron railings are having to work quickly each time it stops then have another tea break (any excuse!!!). I guess I'll forgive them, you can't use an arc welder in the rain  :o

Chris & the naughty Golden Boys
Qui me amat, amat canem meum

Amshura

I think it may have been  raining for more than 5 weeks! The rain Gods are certainly not being kind to us.This is an ABSOLUTE nightmare with my breed, these  HAIRY beasts AFGHANS. It is not  just washing feet  or hosing down, if you just do  that the coat will matt solid so they have  to be towel dried & then a  quick blast with the hairdryer IF I have time but at least a weekly bath for ABBI as she is still being shown, the xeception is my old boy, he gets done with  brushing & dry shampooing....My kitchen & dog room seem to smell permanently of WET DOG!...but it is said to BE DRY, SUNNY and WARM over this coming w/e...believe that when it happens.
Sylvia

Penel CIMDA moderator

I can't imagine having beardies or afghans in this weather Sylvia!  it's bad enough having my 6 random lot!  Well, today it did not rain *woohoo* !!! and yes tomorrow it supposed to be dry as well!
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

annee

It's been a dreadful week in Sussex but this morning i've woken to a beautiful sunny day, i think its supposed to be fine all weekend.

Off to Dubail in June for a couple of weeks to get the sun we haven't had yet  :)

goldiepower

Beautiful sunny Saturday morning here in West Yorks, taking the boys training, should be a good one  8)

Chris & the Golden Boys
Qui me amat, amat canem meum

Penel CIMDA moderator

I've just got back from dog training too - and we did not get wet!!!  what a novelty!  wasn't warm though but at least it was dry.
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

sneax

Up top.

Been in Palermo for several weeks, they told us that due to dryness tap water is gonna be out in some weeks - fortunately, the rain came in the end. Rain god bless.
nike, adidas, other kinds of sneakers - finest for great prices - available online, SneakerStudio

manu

Quote from: sneax on June 13, 2018, 04:12:57 AM
Up top.

Been in Palermo for several weeks, they told us that due to dryness tap water is gonna be out in some weeks - fortunately, the rain came in the end. Rain god bless.

Yeah... in some places rain is but a blessing.