News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Storms

Started by gschellinger, May 07, 2012, 01:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gschellinger

Practicing the new forum...Lola got up with the first clap of thunder, at 4:AM. I turned on the lights and sweet talked her for an hour, through the worst of it. I went back to bed only to hear more thunder roll in. Back to the floor to sleep with my girl. Her congestion seems better again since I put her back on the Quercetin.
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

Lovemedogs

Glad to hear that you have both weathered the storm and even happier to hear Lola is doing better again.

Hugs to you both

Pam
Charlie, Tommy and Lotte

Penel CIMDA moderator

Poor Lola.  One of mine is really scared of storms too.  I tend to wrap her up in a blanket and give her some Australian Bush Emergency Essence that really helps. If you can get hold of it, it's miles better than Bach Rescue Remedy.
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

Jo CIMDA

Glad to see you here Gail.  We must all eventually change over. It's good that you and Lola have weathered the storm and she is a little improved.
Jo

gschellinger

Penel and Jo...although I know this is a learning curve, I find the new forum to be pretty easy to navigate. I think that by getting on it everyday and just looking around, it comes pretty easy. And as you say...we have to do it :D
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

Amshura

Hullo Gail good to see you here.
i do not know if LOLA would be ok with this suggestion but LAVENDER OIL is very calming.I had a dog who just went to pieces when a storm was approaching.He would just start to tremble ,he was aware of the approaching storm before it even hit the  area....& was always right. I used to  dab lavender oil in his bedding  & also spray myself   so that when he   nuzzled  up close he would be surrounded by the  aroma, very calming for ME too. Of course the T shirt might wrk too same has for the firewoks & any loud bangs.
Sylvia

Penel CIMDA moderator

Quote from: gschellinger on May 07, 2012, 08:19:13 PM
Penel and Jo...although I know this is a learning curve, I find the new forum to be pretty easy to navigate. I think that by getting on it everyday and just looking around, it comes pretty easy. And as you say...we have to do it :D

we do, and I'm glad you're finding it ok so far.

Quote from: Amshura on May 07, 2012, 09:25:28 PM
Hullo Gail good to see you here.
i do not know if LOLA would be ok with this suggestion but LAVENDER OIL is very calming.I had a dog who just went to pieces when a storm was approaching.He would just start to tremble ,he was aware of the approaching storm before it even hit the  area....& was always right. I used to  dab lavender oil in his bedding  & also spray myself   so that when he   nuzzled  up close he would be surrounded by the  aroma, very calming for ME too. Of course the T shirt might wrk too same has for the firewoks & any loud bangs.
Sylvia

and look I can even do a double quote  ;)

Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

sneax

Do you use syringe for Quercetin admissions?
nike, adidas, other kinds of sneakers - finest for great prices - available online, SneakerStudio

manu

Quercetin?

Have you tried valerian herb extract, the drops?