Progress report on Willow

Started by patp, September 29, 2014, 07:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patp

Just thought I would give a quick progress report on Willow for those that remember all the trials and tribulations she went through over the last three years. She has now been weaned off the hydrocortisone completely. She is so much better now! She has gained weight, has a shiny coat and is full of beans. Unlike most dogs on steroids - she did not have an increased appetite and did not gain weight on them. She is much less grumpy with other dogs now!
She is still on a slightly higher than recommended dose of Florinef (3 twice daily - she weighs 12.8kg) and there was talk, at the referral centre, of reducing that. She is also still on Mirtazapine to increase her appetite. I think we will tackle that next. Not sure if you are supposed to just stop it suddenly, it is not recommended to do that in humans, so I will need to contact the referral centre to ask their advice.

It is so nice to have the real Willow back :)

Penel CIMDA moderator

that's really great news, I'm so pleased to hear Willow is back to her normal self.  We know that sighthounds respond very differently to pred, so I am sure it's the same with other drugs as well. 
Keep up the good work Willow!
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

Jo CIMDA

That's brilliant news Pat.  You and Willow have been through so much but you finally made it!!!!

Looking forward to more updates. It will be interesting to see if they reduce the Florinef and the Mirtazapine.

Jo

pp3460

ah that's nice to hear Pat - good to hear good news, I 'm just about to put a promised update on Jenny too which I'll do now .