Doggy Stories...how to do that on the new forum?

Started by Joanne, May 06, 2012, 04:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanne

Good Morning, Penel and all,

I would like to re-do CeeCee's story concerning her disease process and her recovery and put it on this forum.  I believe it has helped folks dealing with Evans Syndrome in the past.  Can you tell me how to get it on and how you would want it labeled?

Learning all the time!

Joanne
Joanne
CeeCee, Evans Syndrome, Polyarthritis, ACL Repairs
Aria, IMHA/AIHA, Polyarthritis
Dizzy, kidney issues
Oregon, USA

Penel CIMDA moderator

Hi Joanne,
this is great, we'd like everyone who has written their dogs stories to put them on the new forum.
We've made a section just for this
http://cimda.co.uk/smf/index.php/board,13.0.html
you should click on New Topic - and away you go.

If your story is already on the Yahoo group in the Files, then you can either copy it from there - and paste to Our Dogs stories section on here - or ask me and I'll do it for you.

I think it would be good to label it with your dogs name, breed, and the disease they had.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more help.
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

gschellinger

Do you think Lola's story (sad as it is, but also triumphant in it's way) would be helpful? Do we need permission? and how about length...something readable. I would wonder how to keep it short  :-\
gail and Lola

Also do you still want us to sign in a certain way, like with our dogs name, illness, and whereabouts? I admit I have gotten sloppy about that, sorry.
gail and Lola (Staffordshire terrier, 9 yrs., SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, slipped patella, undiagnosed chronic nasal congestion) usa  ;) Is there a short way to do this? Maybe so it could just be copied?
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

Penel CIMDA moderator

Hi Gail,
we don't mind - whatever you want to do is fine.  Nope you don't need permission.  Readable would be good yes  ;)

Signature it's up to you - there's a bit in your account profile that lets you add it there, so it is automatically at the bottom of every post for you, much easier.
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

Jo CIMDA

Yes Please.  All stories very welcome.  Real life stories are such a comfort to those who are going through a bad time with their dogs.  It gives them so much hope.  Even the ones that don't end happily have a lessen to share.

We do have so many happie endings too!

Jo

gschellinger

Thanks Jo. I was going to ask Penel to clarify her answer since she said 'we don't mind' I thought it meant that Lola's story would not really be what she wanted to see included, but didn't mind if I did write it up. So I actually dismissed it. Misunderstanding, I think, on my part.
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

Penel CIMDA moderator

Sorry Gail, my reply was probably too short.  i'm rather busy so tend to do things as quickly as I can, sorry!  please do write up Lola's story and put it in our dogs stories  :)
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

gschellinger

Joanne

Penel,

I attempted to move Cee's story from the old group to the new forum...no success!  Would you mind doing it for me?  It has the pics already in place in the document and it is copyrighted.  I will gladly add an update to this story when the original is in place.  Sorry to be such a bother....

Joanne
PS  The subject would be:  CeeCee Johnson, Bearded Collie, Evans Syndrome & Polyarthritis
Joanne
CeeCee, Evans Syndrome, Polyarthritis, ACL Repairs
Aria, IMHA/AIHA, Polyarthritis
Dizzy, kidney issues
Oregon, USA

Penel CIMDA moderator

hi Joanne,
I'm trying to do it  - you saved it as a pdf, as opposed to a .doc (word doc) which makes it a little bit harder. I could save it as an attachment here on the new forum, but I'd prefer to be able to copy and paste it ideally.  Do you still have it on your computer as a .doc?
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

kindle2pn

Anything that you have experienced will be worth sharing here and will help people to connect not only to you but your dog as well. People love to hear stories and gain more experience for handling their own pets in similar situations.
Reolink support number
Reolink support for all Reolink security device troubleshooting. Reach our Reolink support number for quick guidence over the phone for camera sales and installation services across USA