News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

For my Sweet Abby

Started by ForAbby, March 26, 2014, 07:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForAbby

In loving memory of my sweet Abby (yellow lab) who lost her battle with IMHA at around 3am this morning at the age of 11. I will continue the fight for you. Until the day we meet again when I can run up and give you a big hug and 'fives'. I love you my baby.

SDR.

Lovemedogs

I am so very sorry to read this. Our dogs battle so hard to fight these awful diseases, but sometimes that is just not enough- I know as I lost my girl to AIHA almost 5 years ago.
Take care of yourself.

My thoughts are with you.

Pam

ForAbby

Thank you Pam. It's a hard thing to watch them deal with. She was diagnosed on Saturday. It all happened really sudden. She had finally started to eat a little again on Tuesday and had to go out a few times which lead me to believe the prednisone was working. Then in the morning she turned for the worse. She seemed to go unconscious for a few secondd which the vet believes was the first blood clot. Shortly after that she stood up on her own with no problem, circled 3 times then went and laid down next to our bassett hound who she basically acted as a mother to since we bought the bassett hound home 10 years ago. Right after she laid down it was over.

I guess the only thing that gives me a little peace is that she went over next to our bassett. I like to believe that's how she was saying goodbye and trying to take care of her one last time.

Do you know of any funds or charities that it's possible to donate to that are studying this disease? It's something I really want to get involved in.

Thanks again.

-Steve

moss

So sorry to read of your loss
Run free Abby x
Jacqui

gschellinger

I'm sorry you lost your sweet dog to this disease.
Take lots of time to remember her good times.
gail
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

Jo CIMDA

I am so sorry for you and your dear Abby.  It is so tragic when they leave us so unexpectedly.  It takes a long while to recover, but as Gail says try to remember the good times you had together.

The AHT (Animal Health Trust) might be doing some research.

Jo

Penel CIMDA moderator

I'm so sorry to read about Abby, my thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Penel x
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

shawkyelisabeth

So sorry for your loss...wish that all the good memories help easing the pain...
Elisabeth

ForAbby

Thank you guys very much. My family and I appreciate it greatly.

sunvizion

i'm so sorry for You. Abby was a great name :(