Sorry, it is not a new subject but SLO, new to site.

Started by janohart1, January 27, 2014, 09:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janohart1

My mini schnauzer was diagnosed last June, 2013.  As you all know, it was a heartbreaking time.  Between the many vet visits, including nail pulling, changing of meds, etc., it was awful.  Also, the vet overprescribed the Doxy and Niacinamide so for a month, I thought I was going to lose the little love of my life.  I took him to NC Vet Clinic in Raleigh and a four year resident told me he most likely had liver damage from the over med. but he should recover.  Now seven months later we are in the second growing cycle.  He is much improved, eats well, plays well, sleeps well, and has only had two nails removed this time through.  Yes, it is gut wretching and like people, every dog is different. I just pray he stays happy and healthy and as pain free as possible.jh

Jo CIMDA

Hi Jh

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with the drugs but thankfully you sought a second opinion and Raleigh is much improved.  Well done for getting that second opinion.  We expect our vets to know how to treat autoimmune diseases but sadly, there are still many vets who do not have a clue. I do hope he reaches long term remission.
Jo