Our intro

Started by Jackson or Deats, May 03, 2012, 06:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson or Deats

Greeting all
My name is Jackson. My partner, Deats & I joined CIMDA in April 2009 when our beloved dog MaggieMae was diagnosed with AIHA. With everyone's help & support we bravely fought for 11 days but could not get the AIHA under control. We have one dog with Addison's disease.
Thanks for letting us join.
Jackson
LucyLu dx Primary/Typical 9/6/07
^MaggieMae^ AIHA [11/00-5/09]

Penel CIMDA moderator

Hi Jackson,
I remember MaggieMae  :'(
good to see you here, is everything ok with LucyLu?
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

Lovemedogs

Hi Jackson,
Great to see you here.

How is LucyLu doing now ?

Pam
Charlie's and angel TJ's Mum

Jackson or Deats

Thanks for remembering us Penel! LucyLu's Addison's is very well manage - she is on .8ml of Percorten every 31 days and 1mg prednisone every day. We get her lytes tested every year (or sooner if something appears amiss).    And Hi Pam! Great to see you here as well.
Lucy mess up her 'good' knee and restricted activity helped but she reinjured it. So, right now she is at work with me and will be for the next 6 weeks due to having had knee surgery and a tooth pulled yesterday. We have been a bit worried because last time she had knee surgery she developed pancreatitis. We significantly upper her pred this time and the vet used injectable dexamethasone before & after surgery and again this morning before we picked her up. She's able to keep water down but the little bit of food she ate came right back up (they did give her an injectable anti nausea medicine this morning too). Guess she wasn't quite ready for food. As long as she can drink water & keep it down we're in good shape. We will just have to wait a bit longer before offering her any more food.
Thanks for asking!   :)
Jackson
LucyLu dx Primary/Typical 9/6/07
^MaggieMae^ AIHA [11/00-5/09]

Lovemedogs

Hi Jackson
How is LucyLu today ?

Pam

Jackson or Deats

Might finally be seeing a small light at the end of the tunnel!! Oozing & bleeding has mostly subsided. Whew!

Penel CIMDA moderator

Fingers crossed here too!
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA