News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New Computer, Oh My!

Started by Joanne, August 26, 2013, 03:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanne

Hello Cimda Friends,

I was lost but hopefully not forgotten!  We had to get a new computer and with it came Windows 8 and the loss of most of my contacts.  It's been a frustrating...and labor intense ... experience!

Just to let you know that CeeCee is still with me at 13 and a half now.  She has slowed a bit but is still trying to keep up with the other beardies.  She is seeing Matt every month or so for acupuncture and VOM treatments.  Last month she came up lame in the right rear leg after taking a bad fall and she had laser treatments for 5 days along with a bit more pred.  The good news was that the plate was not disturbed in the fall and she responded beautifully to the treatment.  In fact, I asked if they shared the laser with mere humans...could use it for my knee!

On the down side, we put our Rosie to rest on June 5th.  She was 15 and a half and the dog matriarch here.  It was hard, but she was ready and I could not let her lose the dignity that she has always had.  She was my character always and I miss her.

Aria and Dizzy continue at status quo...such a good thing!  Amazing how these guys battle their diseases and seem to win.

Hoping all of you are great.  I have missed you!
Joanne
CeeCee, Evans Syndrome, Polyarthritis, ACL Repairs
Aria, IMHA/AIHA, Polyarthritis
Dizzy, kidney issues
Oregon, USA

Jo CIMDA

Hi Joanna

I'm so glad you found us again.  I'm sorry to hear about your Rosie.  The older they get, the more charming they become, but you can't ask more of them when they reach a grand old age.  It doesn't stop us missing them though.  She is running free Joanne.

It is good to get an update and I'm pleased that Aria and Dizzy are doing well, and as for your CeeCee, she's doing so well and has been a real trouper all her life.  She is one amazing lady - but that has been said many times before.  I know they have had the best veterinary care but they couldn't have survived like they have without you.

Welcome back.

Jo

Penel CIMDA moderator

Hi Joanne,
new computers are always bothersome to start with!
I am so sorry that you have lost Rosie.  It's never easy is it.  But 15 and a half is a wonderful age.
So glad to hear that Cee and Aria and Dizzy are doing well - and that Matt is still your reliable good vet.
P x
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

litexuk

monetize your summer with beachflag like a Jigsaw Fallen Into Place

Linnard

Quote from: litexuk on July 05, 2018, 11:28:50 PM
Quote from: Penel CIMDA moderator on August 26, 2013, 09:26:36 PMnew D-Bal Max review and computers are always bothersome to start with!

hear,hear

That's a good advice. Having the most important things stored in the cloud is a good way of having a backup as well, regardless if you need it for a new computer or not.