Autoimmune Disease - Help

Started by Venni, June 01, 2013, 02:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo CIMDA

Hi Laura

The vet has to determine whether the anaemia is due to an immune destruction of as a result of the bleeding.  I am hoping it is a result of the bleeding.  If you check the MJ Day protocol you will see that reductions of steroids only one week apart is too quick, but it can be resolved by checking the protocol.  Many vets don't get the protocol right first time.

Good luck

Jo

bensonsmum

hi jo and everyone
it is with great sadness and a lot of tears that my boy and best friend benson died this evening 18 days short of his 7th birthday. we were waiting to bring him home after 6 days at the vets when, after going through all the meds and discharge with the vet he had a seizure and crashed and was unable to be revived. we were only in the waiting room but missed his last moments. I am heartbroken to lose such a loyal and loving friend and would like to thank jo for her time in replying and the forum for all its ideas and support

thank you   laura

gschellinger

I'm so sorry to read this news about Benson losing his fight. You have been through a lot, and losing now is such a heart-break. So sorry.
These things are just so unpredictable. You certainly did all you could for him.

Thinking of you with caring.
gail
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

moss

So sorry to read your sad news
Run free Benson x
Jacqui

Penel CIMDA moderator

:'(  oh Laura I'm sorry to hear that, how sad.  Sometimes however hard we try we just can't beat these diseases. 
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

Jo CIMDA

Oh Laura, I too am so sorry to hear this very sad news.  These diseases are so awful.

Thinking of you. 

Jo

bensonsmum

to jo, gail, Jacqui and everyone

thank you so much for your kind words of sympathy, benson was a national hero, who was up for the award after finding an elderly gentleman collapsed in undergrowth whilst out on one of our walks back a few years ago. he made me happier than any human could with his massive personality and endearing character, so just over 2 weeks ago I filmed him up to one of his many antics and posted it on youtube, so anyone wants to see the boy, allbeit poorly, on one of his last doggie missions please watch him on "benson wants an ice cream". my boy on screen for all to see. please carry on the fantastic work and support you do and give, and after making a friend out of our local veterinary nurse, I shall help her to promote the forum for others in the same predicament with their beloved dogs.   
thanks to all

laura

Jo CIMDA

Oh Wow Laura.  That is wonderful.  What a very special boy.  You must be so sad, but also so proud of him for being such a gentle, lovely boy.
And a hero too!!!!

He will remain in your heart forever.  Thank you for sharing this video clip with us. This is a must view for everyone on this forum.

Thank you Laura

Jo

gschellinger

I watched your Benson getting his ice cream. Such a lovely dog. So sweet. I know you are heartbroken. It will get better.
Hugs...

gail
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

gschellinger

I watched your Benson getting his ice cream. Such a lovely dog. So sweet. I know you are heartbroken. It will get better.
Hugs...

gail