News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lovely Lola 2003-2013

Started by gschellinger, February 07, 2013, 01:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gschellinger

Dear friends at CIMDA,

On Monday, Feb. 4th, Lola passed peacefully from her brave imperfect life on earth, to a better place, cradled in my arms.  Just me and Lola, and her trusty loving vet. Nothing about Lola was ever easy. But she was the brightest light in my life. I could not have known her life would be so important to me when I saw her little picture on Petfinder almost nine years ago. Nor could I have imagined why we would come to say good-bye.

Thank you, everyone on CIMDA, for helping me through all the years of caring for this very special little pit bull terrier named Lola, The Lovely One. You all have been a great support to me for so long. Lola and I say "Thank you."

gail and Lola
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

moss

Penel CIMDA moderator

Oh Gail, I'm so so sorry.  Lola has been part of us for such a long while, we will miss her so much. 
no one could have done more for their dog than you did for Lola, I hope you know that.
I know you must be devastated and there is a huge hole in your heart  :'(
I'm so sorry Gail - sending lots of love xxx
Penel
(SLE, Surrey - UK)
Forum Owner
CIMDA

goldiepower

I am so sorry, Gail  :'(

Run free little girl xx

Chris & the Golden Boys
Qui me amat, amat canem meum

Jo CIMDA

Oh Gail,  Lola was a part of our CIMDA family and it is very sad that she is no longer here with you, but of course she will always be with you in spirit.

She was such a lucky girl to have found you, but in turn I know that she gave you so much, and so many good memories.  Your devotion to her couldn't have been better.  She is free of her bodily ailments although I'm sure she didn't really know she had any.

On her behalf, thank you for caring for her so beautifully.

Thinking of you.

Love

Jo 

Shannon

I am so so sorry Gail, that your lovely Lola has journeyed on ahead. The hole she must have left in your heart must be enormous but she will fill that hole, and more, with all the amazing and loving memories the two of you shared over the years.

I think that Lola was very blessed to have ended up with a mum like you, that loved her through all her trials and challenges that she so bravely faced and overcame. She is an absolute inspiration with her courage and bravery.

She will be with you forever.

Run free Lola... 

gschellinger

Thank you all for your comforting words. I miss my girl, but she is in a safe place now. There will be no other dog like Lola in my lifetime. Such a brave little dog. So tough on the outside and so soft and loving in her heart and soul.
gail
gail and Lola (SLE, hereditary cerebellar ataxia, chronic undiagnosed nasal congestion) usa

shawkyelisabeth

Oh my dear GAIL, I am so sorry not having been around for a while on the cimda site again for internet problems and  now I am being very late in getting the news and comforting you...today I open the page and the first thing I see is your post of dearest Lola having passed away. I have tears running down my face, you dont know how much Lola meant to me and your care for her encouraged me with Stella and may be I would never have had all this courage and strength with which you inspired me.
I cannot do more than giving you a big hug Gail,  I have so much admiration for you and I will always keep Lola in good memory, please keep in touch..I know very well how you must feel, I do believe there must be a dog's paradise and maybe she is up there with Stella now on cloud Nr. Seven and they are having a good time together looking down on us..with love Elisabeth

shawkyelisabeth

One more thing I have to tell you Gail, you are so blessed having been able to share Lola's last moments and she was able to pass away paecefully in your arms, this must be so much of comfort to you. it breaks my heart again when I remember that I was not able to be with Stella in her last moments, so sorry Stella, I did not mean to leave you alone and my dear girl just decided not to go on as soon as I left her...

gschellinger

Stella went on the way she wanted to, Elisabeth. My dear father did the same thing. I have a very spiritual friend who tells me that when we agree to come to earth, we agree to many things. All the things which make up our lives and how we help each other here. The manner in which we leave is part of that plan.

Thank you for your kind thoughts regarding Lola. I know I did the right thing. But I do miss my girl so much. Life is easier, but it doesn't help the hole she left here. Now it is just me and the Boston, Bizzy, holding down the place. My guard dog is gone. Bizzy loves anyone to come into our house. But now I can also take her with me to visit my husband in the nursing home. I never wanted to leave Lola home alone. Bizzy has taken second seat from the start because of Lola's various needs. Now it is her time to get all the attention. She is starting to come out of mourning for Lola.

Thinking of you too.
gail.

Amshura

oh Gail I have not been into  the posts for sometime and  to  come in tonight & read of dear LOLA's leaving us.
She was such a very special girl & a part of CIMDA for so long. you loved her & cared for her beautifully & you have always been there for all of us in our times of need, offering both practical and emotional support.may we all be here for YOU at this    difficult time.

My thoughts are very much with you and your family.  LOLA leaves us  with so many memories. 
Take Care
Sylvia

gschellinger

Thank you Sylvia. I miss her so much. I know it is best, but I can't believe sometimes that she is gone. She was so much of what my life was like. Now it is different.
gail

Joanne

Dear Gail,

Tonight is the first I have read of your loss of Lola.  She has meant so much to so many of us.  You are always the wonderful model I have held up as I worked to treat my CeeCee.  Know that you have given so much to so many of us through your love and care of Lola.  My heart goes out to you.  Lola will always be with you in spirit...she is that special one, the Forever Dog.

With love and caring,

Joanne
Joanne
CeeCee, Evans Syndrome, Polyarthritis, ACL Repairs
Aria, IMHA/AIHA, Polyarthritis
Dizzy, kidney issues
Oregon, USA

gschellinger

Thank you Joanne. You are right, she is my Forever Dog. There was something about her intelligence which was not dog-like. She had so much intuition and understanding. She was exactly the right dog for me

g.

Cherryl

Dear Gail,
Just logged on after quite a while and read about Lola's passing.  She was one lucky girl to have spent her life with you! 
Cherryl Kimber & Paco
Cherryl & Paco (SLE), South Carolina (formerly Pennsylvania)