Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello from a new member  (Read 226 times)

Lorraine

• View Profile
Hello from a new member
« on: August 16, 2019, 08:02:16 AM »

Morning,
My dog Gigi was diagnosed with MUO (meningitis of unknown origin) Meningoencephalitis in May this year. He is currently undergoing cytarabine Injections now starting every 4 wks. He's already had 4 sessions at every 3 weeks. He has also been put on ciclosporin last week to coincide with his prednisolone Hope I can share our experiences with you and maybe help if I can and vise versa.
Thanks Lorraine :)

KazMav

• View Profile
Re: Hello from a new member
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 08:11:32 AM »

Hi Lorraine, sorry to hear about your pup having MUO. Finn was diagnosed in Nov and it has been a hard journey but with no real set backs just lots of worry. I thought we had lost him but he is a bundle of mischievous energy again now. The best advice Iíve been given is donít rush reducing medication - I have found that really hard particularly when he seems so well. 🤞

Lorraine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 09:12:53 AM »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Yes as I'm going on holiday on Monday, I'm quite happy there was no reduction in his prednisolone as I would have been more nervous than I am already in leaving him with his boarder, although she is lovely and knows about his illness we still worry.  ::)

Jo CIMDA

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 11:19:24 AM »

Hi Lorraine and welcome

Thank you for your input and reply regarding Finn.

MUO (or MUA) is a rare autoimmune disease and the treatment is different to other more common AI diseases.  More recently we have had dogs here who have been successfully treated, so the vets are learning and achieving good results.

Have a lovely holiday!

Jo

Lorraine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 01:13:10 PM »

Thanks very much Jo, that's promising! Hopefully we can have success too.  :(  :)