help please , poorly bearded collie puppy

Started by mommabear, November 11, 2018, 01:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommabear

Hi I am a newbie to this site, advised from the lovely friendly beardie club on facebook to contact you , i have a poorly poorly puppy 19 weeks old , has had several problems , but its coming to close to having to put her to sleep and i am heart broken, she is currently in quite some discomfort and her back legs seems to be very weak , she is on antibiotics as vet says bloods show an infection , but i think something more is going on inside , I was advised to speak to jo tucker but have no idea how i can contact her. any advice or tips would be very welcomed , thanks from a very worried beardie owner

Catherine

We have had a lot of spam on here recently so i am reluctant to give out Jo's phone number. Her e-mail is: cimda@aslog.co.uk  If you mark that urgent she should see it as soon as she is able.

Can you tell us more of your Beardie's symptoms please? Has she got a temperature?  Could it be IMPA See here:    http://cimda.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,15.0.html Or could it be SRMA? See here: http://cimda.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,25.0.html

Were her electrolytes tested?

mommabear

I understand your reluctance for spamming , I promise I am not doing that , just been to the emergency vet as my puppy has suddenly gone lame I am beside myself with worry , but antibiotics and gabapentin later will see how she is overnight . I will send a message to jo s email now thank you any help is appreciated , in answer to your question yes she does have a temperature , she has had a blood test and it showed raised white cell count and not much else .

Catherine

I can not get in touch with Jo at the moment but I have left a message for her that there is a puppy needing her help so hopefully she will soon be in touch.

I am not sure I would be wanting to give a young puppy Gabapentin - is it for the pain and how long has she been having it?

Is her temperature very high or just a bit elevated?

Did you check out about the IMPA and SRMA? Does your vet think it could be these, Lyme disease or what does your vet think it could be?

Have you considered Addison's? See here:  http://cimda.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,575.0.html  Did the blood tests include a biochemistry one for kidney, liver etc. enzymes? Sorry to bombard you with all these questions but it is difficult to know what to suggest when I only have a little information.

Has your puppy only become unwell today or has this been going on for a while?

mommabear

Thank you Catherine for your help, i have spoken to Jo , what a lovely lady , and so very helpful and patient listening to my puppies problems, she has sent me lots of links and will be having a chat with the vet tomorrow to maybe try a dexamethasone injection. thank you so much for replying and helping , i will let you know the outcome in a day or so , sarah x

Catherine

I am so glad you have been in touch with Jo. Things sound a lot more positive and hopefully your puppy will soon be feeling better.