Here we go again!

Started by MonasWeim, July 01, 2018, 01:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo CIMDA

I am so sorry Simone.

From what you describe I wonder if Riley has pancreatitis?  Keep him rehydrated but going without food for a day won't hurt. I presume you will take him to the vet tomorrow and they will probably do a blood test to see if his pancreas is inflamed,  and if it isn't then a biochemistry panel might show up something else.

I am so sorry you are having more problems with Riley.  I do hope you all have a better night.

Jo

MonasWeim

Thanks Jo, can't get an appointment until Wednesday now as they are apparently short staffed. To be honest it seems to be a few things, his heart is quite bad now, his legs/spine I think are a separate issue now as this has gone on for a while and only got worse regardless of appetite, again no obvious pain with that now but total weakness and an odd shudder/nerve type flutter, he can't even cock his leg to pee now. His nasal issues have deteriorated without the Metacam he usually has and I fear this is no quality of life when all he does is lay on his bed and groan all day. I am having a long hard and heartbreaking think. :(     

Jo CIMDA

I am so sorry Simone.  I can't see how you can go on until Wednesday before seeing or talking to a vet.

Have you started him on Metacam again?   If you haven't then perhaps you should talk to a vet on the telephone and ask their advice.  They should call you back if you make a telephone request.  I am sure there is something the vet could give to make him more comfortable.

Jo