News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

CBD oil

Started by dalebrook.bp@gmail.com, June 22, 2018, 08:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebrook.bp@gmail.com

Hello - I wonder if you could explain about CBD oil - is this actual cannabis oil, or is it hemp oil?  I live in New Zealand and it is possible to buy hemp oil, which is labelled Pure Hemp Seed Oil.  Is this the same as what is labelled CBD oil in the UK, or is the CBD oil in the UK made from genuine cannabis oil?  The reason I ask is because I have read that some people find the CBD oil in the UK very helpful for their IMHA pets and I wonder what the criteria would be for using it.  Also is it something that would be safe to use without discussing it with a vet, or would it need to be considered as part of the whole medicine regime?  Thanks for your help.

Jo CIMDA

Hi

Personally, I cannot provide information about CBD oil because I have no experience of using it, but it is becoming very popular in the UK and I know people who give it to their dogs without having any veterinary guidance.   I have asked a friend of mine who uses CBP oil for her dogs and she suggested you contact a company called Simply CBD oil.   She said: "This is from the Simply-cbd website not sure if they would ship to New
Zealand but very helpful when I have contacted them and not silly prices either." 

I hope this sets you on the right path.

Jo

ALL our oils are full spectrum so contain a whole array of necessary
cannabinoids and all extracted from Organic Dutch high grade Cannabis.

We often get asked why we are so much cheaper than our competitors. In fact
we are the cheapest in Britain which was our intention. Basically, we don't
have fancy boxes, no expensive office rentals, we don't have shareholders
or investors, and we don't have overpaid management with large bonus
requirements. What we do have, is one of the best oils in the UK, at an
affordable price, so everyone can have a go at attaining the health and
wellbeing they deserve.

Currently nestled in the stunning Forest of Dean we run a registered animal
shelter for sick and disabled dogs. ALL profits from the sales of CBD will
go "Simply" to the building of the UK's first Holistic run free dog shelter
in rural Wales.

EVERY single penny of profit, and we mean 100% of all profits, go to the
dog charity with one purpose in life www.huckleberryfarm.co.uk. We WILL be
building one of the largest run free holistic animal shelters in the UK,
and this was the main purpose of Simply CBD.

If you would like to know much more about who we are, where we are coming
from, our morals and business ethics, and of course our long terms dreams,
please click here  http://www.simply-cbd.co.uk/who-is-simply-cbd-k9-rescue/

tamarmot

Here in the US CBD oil products for pets are a thing, and you can buy them from various companies (that now even sell at local pet stores which is amazing).  They sell them as cookies or oils, primarily. 

Upsides: they are touted to be very beneficial; anti anxiety, anti inflammatory, great against seizures, etc.
Downsides:  they are not regulated, and there are not enough scientific studies about them, and what I have found is that any vet I talk to basically will make no comment about it.

A really important thing to note is that THC is extremely bad/dangerous for dogs.  The CBD oil that you give to your pet must be absolutely free of THC, and I think the best way to guarantee that is to buy it from a pet CBD manufacturing company.  My vet told me an awful story of a dog who had been given some human CBD oil, but it was not pure, and the dog went into a coma and died.

I tend to use the cookies for my dogs and think that they are calming.

Companies in the US include treatibles and cannapet.

good luck!
Tamar

Jo CIMDA

shonda

I used CBD Oil for my dogs when we go to our Vet. They are so excited when we go outside. I gave them CBD Oil 15 to 30 minutes prior. CBD oil for our pets can treat health issues such as digestive or upset tummy, inflammation, joint pain or even allergies. I tried this in my dog, I gave it when I know he faced a stressful situation. And as I done researching, I came across to this article
about Cannabis and Mj kylekushman.com/community/products/what-is-veganics/