News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Advice Needed

Started by allyanddory, June 07, 2018, 08:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allyanddory

I've been directed to this website and need some advice xx

I was away with my daughter at the weekend and arrived home Sunday (Dory was with partner and children) and she looked unwell and hadn't ate or had a poo since the Saturday I thought she might of been fretting.. took her to the vets Monday where they checked her and gave her antibiotics and an anti flam injection, she perked up on the Tuesday and had some chicken and egg, then Wednesday she eventually had a poo, then yesterday she went back to not eating but was still drinking so I phoned vets who advised to keep an eye on her, then today she hasn't ate or drank so took her to the vets tonight, her temperature has gone up and she's lost weight, they've done a full blood count and her white cells are high which you would expect if her body is fighting an infection so I've got to take her in tomorrow morning and they are going to put her on fluids and scan her for for possible pyometra which she doesn't think she has but wants to rule it out xx

Jo CIMDA

Hi and welcome

I am sorry Dory isn't well.  Can you give me more information? 

How old is she?  What breed?  How high is her temp?  Are her red blood cells within normal range? Do you have the white blood cell readings?    Has she been limping?  Do you think she is in pain? Are her stools normal colour? Sorry for all the questions but her symptoms are very vague.

I presume she went into the vet today for the scan and fluids, so how is she now and are they any the wiser why she is so unwell?

Jo