Cassie - my Whippet

Started by Rodgerr, April 02, 2017, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgerr

I have just noticed that her front right paw is swollen on one of the knuckle joints.

Catherine

Could she have knocked it and that is why she is limping on it and it is swollen? Is she still having the intermittent diarrhoea?

Jo CIMDA

HI

It may be that Cassie has an old injury that is playing up. Polyarthritis is usually seen in more than one joint, so I am hoping this is isolated and not immune related.

It is good that she is still eating and drinking as normal.  Does she have a high temperature?  If there is an inflammatory response going on then a high temperature would be expected.  I would see how she goes over the next day or so and if you are worried then take Cassie to the vet to have a check up and perhaps have bloods taken. 

It may be that she has relapsed and you will have to raise the preds to an immunosuppressive dose but time will tell.

Jo

Rodgerr

Thanks Jo. Thankfully it appears to have been an isolated event. Her temperature was fine and also she no longer has intermittent diarrhoea. Perhaps with everything she had had I get a little paranoid. For information I bought a machine called saline plus to help with  her rhinitis. She has been using it four months now and the results are really good. She has far fewer reverse sneezing episodes and less mucous discharge. Touch wood she has also been infection free. I would certainly recommend it to any owners whose dogs may have respiratory problems.

Jo CIMDA

That's brilliant news.  I am so pleased it wasn't a relapse.  It is very easy to think the worst.

Thank you so much for the information about saline plus. Can you tell me the actual product you have bought?

Happy New Year!

Jo

Rodgerr

I've attached a link to the website for saline plus

https://www.salinplus.com/

Jo CIMDA