News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

CBD for dogs?

Started by Manoel, December 07, 2017, 02:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manoel

Hey guys have you ever tried cannabis as an alternative medicine for your sick dogs? I've heard that CBD Hemp is now a thing for dogs with arthritis, compromised immune systems, stress responses, aggression and digestive issues.Well they said it was pretty safe because of the low THC, CBD hemp won't make your pupper high.I was reading some info here about CBD here in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/jet-fuel/ .I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice regarding on this issue on dogs using cannabis as an alternative herbal medicine. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

Jo CIMDA

Hi

I haven't any experience of using CBD oil but a vet friend, who lives in the US, attended a conference and she seemed very impressed, but I suppose it depends on what you are using it for.  She wrote the following.

"The brand names are likely different in the UK, but the cannabinoid oil recommended here is Canna Companion, with Rx vitamins hemp oil also apparently a good brand."

Some products that are good for general things are not always good for a dog with an autoimmune disease.  One should be wary about boosting the immune system of a dog that is genetically predisposed to autoimmunity.

Jo